Friday, June 26, 2009

This last week Riley's cousin, Melinda Losee, passed away. She was loved by many and I felt that I got to know her a lot better by what her loved ones had said about her at the funeral. There was a poem which I just loved and it really touched me, so I just wanted to share it with you all.

Don't grieve for me for know I am free,
I'm following the path god laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard his call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I've found that peace at the end of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah, yes, these things too I will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

Author B. B.

2 comments:

  1. We are so sorry for your loss. That was a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted that, I think it was a really sweet poem too!
    Hey, sorry I never texted you back after you sent me that way sweet text yesterday. Seriously that was so fun having you guys here for a couple days! I loved shopping with you for Boston and Phoenix,and chatting and laughing about whatever, that was great!
    Hey would you invite me to your picassa album so I can see the pics you took while you were here? thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete