Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Meeting.....

We flew into Oregon and had to drive up into Washington to meet the family at a Ranch.   Throughout the entire drive, which was about 5 and 1/2 hours,  I kept video taping Riley! I was continuously asking him how he feels and how excited he was to meet his birth mom for the FIRST TIME!! I made him so nervous and he kept asking me not to video tape.  Although I listen to him,  I kept video taping every ten minutes.  When we were three minutes away from the Ranch I kept video taping and saying things like "oh my goodness we are so close to meeting your birth mom!, this is crazy!! aaaaahhhh!!" I pretty much made him as nervous as he had ever been his whole life!!  I built it up pretty high that he asked me not to video tape when they meet.  But of course, I video taped when they met!! And now, he is so glad that I did!! Here's a few pictures of that special time we had getting to know Riley's mom, sister, grandma, mom's husband Mark, and cousins!!

Here is Riley's sister Shaylee as she runs to meet Riley for the first time!  

Here is Riley and Shaylee's first hug! I couldn't help but to tear up! This moment was so special!
And of course, I definitely couldn't hold the tears back when I saw this:
Here is Riley and his mom's first hug!!

They definitely had a lot of catching up to do from morning...

 Till Night...

Don't they look alike? I think they have the same eyes!

Riley is SO HAPPY to have Shaylee as his little sister!!



The kids had a lot of fun getting to know Shaylee!

Here is Phoenix's first time riding a horse, and she held on all by herself!

Boston and Phoenix picked flowers for Nana Julee! They would find flowers in the mountains and call out "Nana Julee, we got flowers for you." It was so cute!

I think our kids are all vacationed out! They are so exhausted!




We stayed at Riley's grandma's house in Oregon which was a lot of fun! We had lots of good food and a swing set in the backyard for Boston and Phoenix to play on! Thanks for letting us stay with you grandma!! We love and miss you!

Here is Riley and his mom giving their good bye hugs after a wonderful reunion!!


The reunion was everything we could've imagined! We are excited to have more family in our lives! (the more the better) We love you Julee, Shaylee, and Mark!! Can't wait to see you soon in Hawaii!!








7 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW.... how neat!!! I was bawling reading this. Amazing story. thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing story. Glad everything went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing story & Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome!!! I love it. And your kids are freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pictures. What beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE IT!!! I just re-lived meeting Riley, my daughter-in-law and my grandchildren all over again for the first time!! All those emotions came back to me. I couldn't stop smiling :)
    Thanks for sharing and I am so happy you are all in our lives. I miss and love you!!
    Love, Mom, Julee and Nana

    ReplyDelete