Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Bunch of Randoms......


Bear Lake Triathlon! This was my first triathlon and probably my last......(we'll see).....I don't know why the swimming part scared me so bad......oh yeah.....probably because I DON"T KNOW HOW TO SWIM...... Sarah and Michelle also participated in the triathlon!


I know.....We look pretty sweet......










Boston started Preschool!! He LOVES preschool and has so much fun!! I love it because he is learning so much and tells me all about it when he gets home.  Also, Phoenix and I get to have girl time while he's gone:)

On Bostons first day of preschool he brought home the "Super Strawberry" which means that you were so good in class that day that you get to bring home and take care of the super strawberry!  I was so excited for him when I saw him with the "Super Strawberry".  His teacher took me aside and said "another kid in class earned the super strawberry and Boston started crying and didn't understand why he didn't get it, so the little boy offered the strawberry to Boston"......I thought this was so nice of the boy in his class!!!  I was so worried how others would treat him at school but after learning about what happened I am reminded that there's some really nice kids that he can make friends with!!


This is what I mean by girl time..........LOL

 These two are such good buddies!!  They have a lot of fun playing together:)









Riley and Boston had a guys night and went to a baseball game:)


Campfire's up Big Cottonwood Canyon:)


Hanging out with Tasha and her cute little girl Koi.....



Riley's cousin Kazdan and his mother Beth came to Utah and went to dinner with us! It was really good to see you guys!!


Boston and Phoenix got new bikes:) They ride them EVER DAY!! Literally....


Phoenix had 6 cavities and she had to be put out for the procedure!! Poor girl, she woke up screaming!!


Boston went to a friends birthday party and had fun playing on the Bouncy House!!

  
My little brother Richard turned 21! We all went camping to celebrate!! 



I got BRACES!!! Yes!!! My brother-in-law Ben has a practice in Orem, Utah called "Frandsen Orthodontics".  I have been wanting braces for quite a while now and even though they look funny, I am way happy to have them!!

Before:

And AFTER:


We Love Movie Nights!!  Boston and Phoenix get so excited.. We warm up some popcorn and we all cuddle together as we watch a movie.....It's so cute to see how happy they get!


Riley turned 30 years old!! I have thrown him surprise birthday parties pretty much each year we've been married and this year he took me aside and said "I Hate Surprise Birthday Parties, do not throw me one this year."  So what did I do??? I threw him a HUGE PARTY!!..................Just kidding.....It was just a nice night with ice cream and cake and one of his favorite home cooked meals:)
Love you hun.....Happy 30th:)

Utah State Fair! This was a fun night out with my friend Monique! We went on the "Big Yellow Slide", bought some sweet jewelry, and ate a delicious funnel cake:)



Shaw Family Weekend at Bear Lake! 



One year done in my Master's Program!! A few of my classmates went out to celebrate!

Boston started T-ball again!! He is getting the hang of it the second time around:) I think it helps for me not to coach this time so that I can focus on Boston. He hit the ball each round and even ran all the bases!!  (this is a BIG improvement from last year...LOL)





4 comments:

  1. What a fun summer you guys have been having!!! Love the braces, just dont forget that wedding ring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the update, you have such a cute kids! way to go on the tri! i want to do one so bad! So wait you had perfect teeth before, why did you get braces? you look way cute with them anyway! I miss you guys. I'm glad you are doing so well. We need to get together soon. About Indoor soccer, I think things are too crazy this semester. It is Alex and I's last, and it is super busy already.. =( I wish sooooo bad I could play though!! Anyway next time you come up, call me and we can hang out and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family! I love that you are making wonderful memories for your kids with all of the fun things you do! Speaking from experience, its one of the best things we can do for our kids. Good job on the triathalon and good luck with the braces! I love you guys... Tell cute Riley hello...

    ReplyDelete